Friday, July 8, 2011

be careful when you teach your kids it's okay to voice your opinion.


You know, when my daughter was younger my husband always taught her that you should never be afraid to say what you truly feel.  Well, even now, twelve years later, she is still living up to her dad’s lessons.  Last night I met a really cool lady and her husband.  They came over to relieve me of my exercise elliptical due to the fact that my kids were going to kill themselves on it.  That and I swear it was always the one thing that could kill you in the dark because of where it stood.   Anyhow, this cool woman shows up and all is going well til it’s time to load it up.  Now understand right now it’s me and my 4 kids, and her and her disabled husband (motorcycle wreck).  My sweet hearted daughter out of nowhere looks at her and says, “okay now you’re old and, well, that’s my mom, so how are you getting it out the door?”  needless to say, I was floored and, yes, even oddly offended.  Not at the fact yet that she called the lady old to her face, but that she called me puny.  What the heck?????   LOL  then I realized she just told this lady she was old.   The poor lady looked great for her age and she really was only like 46 but shoot, by the time I moved the couch out of the way she already had that thing halfway out the door…HOLY COW.  It wasn’t that heavy like you’d think, just off balance because of it’s structure.  Well, I finally get out there to help her get it down the steps and sure as crap, my kids and her husband are loving every minute of this because my daughter is still picking at me for having issues trying to carry it down the stairs to the point that this woman even asks, “I’ll slow down to one step at a time so you don’t fall.”  SERIOUSLY?????????  Does everyone in the vicinity think I’m weak?  I couldn’t balance the handle bar end without trying not to break the electronic dash.  She says, “pick up the stationary bars” go figure.  DUH!!!!   Well we finally get it in the trailer and I swear, my kids are floored.  My daughter is loving every minute of doggin me.  “man mom, she’s old and she still got that whole thing in there by herself”  I mean dang do you people not see that I was right there too?   Nope.   Now all the while my 2 youngest sons had already made themselves at home in this couple’s trailer.  They are throwing things down the ramp, jumping in it, ride their bikes in it.  Al I can think is “these people think we’re nuts”  but her hubby is so sweet he tells me it’s just nice to see them happy and playing.  Well before they leave she tells us she has to go home to help her daughter who just had an infection cleaned out of a toe and of course who should chime in to that one?  My daughter. Yup. All mouth no thinking.  “really????  Did they take off her foot?”   nope. “did they take off her toe?”  nope.  “well dang I thought it would be gross”  she tells my daughter, who’s disappointed that the poor girl didn’t get her foot taken off, they had to remove some nasty, green, oozy stuff from it.  Well that sealed it.  My daughter was ultimately engrossed in finding out all the gory details.  Eventually she goes, “well in a house where there are more penises than boobies that’s just how your brain starts to work”   WHAT HAVE I BEEN RAISING?????   LOL  well needless to say all is well and they seemed delighted to meet everyone but as I told my husband 1. Thanks for the way he is raising my daughter to be like him. and 2. Stop laughing at my supposed weakness.   He just couldn’t help but continue to laugh at this elder woman moving this machine before I even got to turn around.  LOL  I guess it was funny and yes I’m a bit overwhelmed at my daughter’s uncensored mouth but hell, at least she doesn’t lie.  If she’d learn to curb it a bit I wouldn’t feel dumb.   Hehehehehe    oh yeah and to top it off, I’m not weak by any means, I box, do some martial arts and know how to fight or flight (depending on the situation and who I have to outrun) if need be.  Not weak at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment